Friday, January 20, 2012

It Feels Like 2 Steps Forward and 3 Steps Back – Mikes Journey Continues




“Every cell that does not promote life and health (in Mike’s Body) is cut off from its life source. Mike’s Immune system will NOT allow timorous growth to live in my body – in JESUS name – Amen! Reference from Luke 17:6; Mark 11:23”

Today Mike and I after a long week of in out of hospital (one which included an overnight stay) woke up this morning in high spirits feeling better than we both have in a few days, and decided to go eat some breakfast. I have gotten pretty good at making homemade omelets, but we had to be at MDA early today to install a new pic-line to assist with the chemo he will be receiving, and due to his veins being so weak, this will assist with all blood work, etc. If you remember, he did have one a little while ago, but he had gone back to work, we were battling one of the hottest Summers in ages, so there was just no way around keeping it from getting sweaty and it eventually got infected, so we had it removed. Anyhow moving on, we opted between 2 of our favorite places this AM – Mexican or All-American. We were shooting for the Mexi-Breakfast, but then in the midst of our drive, we changed gears and craved waffles and eggs. We said hi to all the staff and a lady that I had never seen before came in and looked as a regular, grabbed her coffee herself and a paper and sat in the booth behind us. Our waitress, Ms. Dee, popped in and asked how Mike was and how we were…she could tell the distress in our faces, behind our smiles, and she could tell we were tired. We updated her of all the new progression and our part 2 of this journey. She grabbed Mike’s hand and reminded us that she has not stopped praying and in fact, talks about us frequently to customers when they are feeling discouraged or down and feeling kicked, she reminds them our Mikes Journey and our strong faith and ALL the good that has come from this…for that we are so thankful! As we left, the lady behind us stopped and asked “are you Mike?” Mike introduced him and I and she asked if she could sit with us for a minute and pray. We obliged (we love meeting people and having prayers for us)! She talked to us for a little bit and told us even though she had never known or met us other than the stories from Ms. Dee, we have remained in her prayers and will continue to do so --- and that Mike has been a true inspiration to her! As we walked out and headed to MDA, I was in awe of AGAIN how GOD works in our lives and at any given moment, will place someone or something to remind you that he IS right HERE with us! Feeling Blessed!

MDA was successful today and Mike’s pic-line was installed and he will no longer have to succumb to those (mean) nurses that sometimes have no regard to gently trying to find a vein and end up having Mike walking out looking like a heroin addict – granted this is not ALL nurses…but some ;) We finished off our day with a Protein Smoothie and off to the house for a restful weekend – cannot wait!

In the past days, I have tried to update as many as I could and am thankful for all who continue to spread the word if I am not able. After 2 ER visits and one overnight MDA stay within the past 2 weeks…we know and understand that the cancer is alive in the spinal fluid, and could possibly be causing the reactions Mike has experienced….BUT the doctors also have not ruled out that the episodes being caused by the new meds that have been incorporated (prior to this radiation) for pain and to help sleep – both VERY addictive and strong meds with HUGE side effects with the majority of what Mike went through – it was coincidental that BOTH episodes included these meds the day that he took them. I understand and know the severity of Mike’s disease and know that once you are messing with the nervous system and it has entered the spinal fluid stream such as it has done now…it is scary and may seem grim…BUT you know what? What part of Cancer IS NOT scary or grim? This whole disease whether it is Stage IV Lung Cancer, Melanoma, Kidney, Liver and all the other Thousands of Cancers there are – they ALL are scary and play with your system – Mind, Body and Soul (and the occasional nervous system!) BUT just as today we met his lady who was a stranger before today, I know and TRUST that GOD continues to work in our lives daily. GOD NEVER promised us this would be easy, but he DID promise us that He would never give us more than we can handle – and though at times, I feel so weak, confused and want this pain in my heart to subside and for Mike to be back on the boat and at our cabin…I know it is not that time yet – We still have much more to do here for GOD and the main one being CONTINUE TO GIVE THE GLORY ALL TO HIM!

This last episode was so scary, for having my husband so vulnerable to either the disease or the new meds, it broke my heart and I will not lie, my heart did fill despair and I felt as if though, we might be entering the worst part of this disease with no return…I was mad at myself for thinking this, but know that GOD knows these thoughts go through my head and it was the first time I was at peace with these thoughts, but in the same breath, I felt I almost grabbed back (sort of like when they rescued Carol Ann from the ceiling in Poltergeist 1), I felt I was snatched by the collar by GOD himself and put back on the battle room floor and my weapon was restocked and I at that moment, felt ALL prayer warriors on our side, locked hand in hand behind us, looking the mountain dead in the center and casting it into the sea! I can even admit, I felt a slight quiver, almost like a quake below my feet – yes that was the devil shaking in fear! I cannot guarantee there are not going to be more rough spots ahead, in fact, I know there will be, but with GOD on this journey with us and our faith WILL NOT become a victim to the prey of a hungry devil – we WILL continue to rise above!

In closing, as always, thank you all who continue to stand in agreement of Mike’s healing – for we are blessed to have such believers…On the flip I understand that there are also the “realistic ones” that continue to go only by symptoms and numbers, and for that, I do not fault you, for I have spent many nights GOOGLING and seeing ALL the bad, and have had Mike on his death bed many times – but instead I have started to read my bible more and indulge in ALL the good! Mike now has the pic-line as I mentioned and we are scheduled to meet with his neurology team this week to discuss the omea that will be put in place to attack the spinal fluid and kill that cancer. He will meet with his oncology team the following week to discuss the new chemo and start! OH! I forgot, I prayed long and hard and got the answer. My wonderful company has allowed me some time off to be with Mike in these coming days. We are SO thankful for all who have helped us this year with trips to the Doctors, coming by and visiting Mike when he was at home with nothing but westerns to watch and Judge Judy, but with all that has occurred, I wanted to be by his side for all that is coming up and hold his hand through it all and not miss anything! Thank YOU JESUS for allowing this! I will continue to update in the coming weeks of Mike’s progression with both the Brain port and the new chemo. Though he remains tired from the radiation (that stuff is some Kick A stuff) he remains to have a fighting stand and mind set – he has gone back and forth in the past weeks with the ER trips and both of our minds sets were weak…BUT after today, we continue to KNOW GOD is there and HERE and EVERYWHERE! Spread the word!

Continue to love you all and thank you!!


XO Lyndie

1 comment:

Texas Yellow Rose said...

Lyndie, what an honor to read about yours and Mike's journey together. You are both such Warriors! Thank you for sharing. Keeping you both in my heart, thoughts and prayers.