Sunday, January 8, 2012

Continued Prayers & Many Thank You’s!




“Faith enables persons to be persons because it lets God be God - Carter Lindberg”

Hi Everyone!

Starting off this entry in hopes that you all have had a good weekend as we all settle in to the New Year – still in awe that it is 2012! I know I wrote recently, but this is just a short notice to update you all on Mike and to continue to ask for prayers and lifting up!

This last Thursday, I was at work and it was the day that Mike was to start his Mega-Radiation, but something else occurred. I got a phone call from him assuming he was just letting me know he was on his was to his appointment…for what happened, I was not prepared but thankful that all became ok. Mike called and was not making sense. He was not slurring, he was just not making sense…almost as if was drugged and wasn’t putting words correctly together. I panicked and was thankful that he knew who I was, knew to call me and knew where he was…just a little disoriented. I rushed out of my office and called 911 to get an ambulance to our house immediately…I was not sure if it was cancer related, medication reaction or a stroke…I literally was at our house in about 7 minutes…I was praying the entire way to not let this be the day that a cop spots me and pulls me over for speeding…I can admit that I fully Thank GOD above for getting me home safe…the entire drive was a blur.

I got home, and ran in the house to see Mike completely coherent, still a little disoriented but knew the time of day, he was able to recall what happened and he was able to answer all the questions that were being asked to him. The EMTs did not rule out that he may have suffered a stroke, but from their evaluations and such, they did not feel that is what occurred. I myself did not feel comfortable driving us to the ER, so they piled us up in the Ambulance and took us there…they were able to continue to monitor Mike of all the vitals and such – all was at normal levels. We arrived to the ER and they admitted him and right away started CT Scans and testing. Praise GOD the CT scans came back normal with no signs of damage to the brain or signs of a stroke. The Doctor in the ER, because we know that Mike has the cancer in the spine, though no disease progression at this time, they did not rule out the fact that it could have been the spinal fluid affected and tickled the nervous system and caused these symptoms. She was happy that they were not prolonged, which she felt was a good sign. Because of the admission to the ER, he was not able to make his radiation appointment, but the doctor went ahead an approved it, which was GREAT so that they could start attacking the cancer that may or may not be there lingering. The doctors feel confident this is going to do exactly what it did when he received brain radiation for the tumors and his vision last year – Claiming it!

Mike will under-go another MRI this week to determine what exactly happened and to rule out disease progression. He underwent one on 12/28, and all was continue to be clean and clear, but in this case, all measure have to be taken – and for that we are Thankful! It was a very busy week last week, and Mike is surely worn out, but maintains his high-spirits, so he knows he must continue to rest and get caught up on his sleep.

We continue to appreciate all of you and your prayers and the action that all our Prayer Warriors on Thursday and came to our side, the prayers were surely felt and we are so thankful for you all! It is so comforting to have you all in our lives, if not in person at all times, we know you are there in spirit! I will continue to keep you all posted and anything new we find out about what exactly occurred on Thursday, and I will continue to update you as to how Mike’s radiation is going also! Please (as I know you always will), please continue to pray for Mike’s strength to continue to be restored and his courage and faith remain strong…for we know GOD is complete control and these things happen for reasons and keep us exercised in our faith – for these are just hurdles.

Much love to you all!!

XOXO Lyndie

No comments: