Thursday, August 26, 2010

Forgiven BUT NOT Forgotten




Not only because of what Mike is going through at this moment with his battle of Cancer (which he WILL Beat), but because we ALL I feel at times during our lives we think of those we have hurt, ones that we left a relationship with whether a significant other, a friend or anyone that we have been in contact with -- We carry a burden in our hearts of an unresolved situation that forever keeps us from having internal peace.


I decided tonight to write a letter - no specific person in mind, but to anyone that I have affected in my past, anyone that at one time I left with a feeling of sadness, anger or hurt. Developing a relationship with GOD for myself years ago has allowed me to have complete peace in my life. I have reached out to those I have scorned and though I may never have a relationship with these people again, GOD has inserted peace into my soul and though we may not forget, I have been given forgiveness.

I wish you all the strength to face anything from your past that you today have struggles with, no matter what it be -- one of the best things from GOD has given to US is FORGIVENESS with all we have done, all that we do today and all that we will do in the future...



"In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness - Hebrews 9:22"


"Dear _____________, First and foremost, before you allow all the feelings of hate and anger for Me that you have bottled up inside and have held with you for all these years come rushing back, please just read my email. I have prayed that in some way that GOD would speak to Me, show Me that what I go through is something BIGGER than Me, BIGGER than all of us!

Years ago in my early 20’s I made a lot of mistakes, I hurt a lot of people. I had given my heart to the LORD years before and had been baptized, but as a growing process, I ran with the wrong crowd, I made HUGE mistakes and in that I hurt many people. While hurting them at that moment didn’t hurt me, it did later on in my life when I started a new life and realized the feeling in my soul was not at peace. I lived many years unhappy with myself knowing that I had hurt and used so many people and the thought of leaving these relationships un-mended did not sit right with me, and I felt the need to reach out to you and make peace -- ask for forgiveness.


I knew that I was taking the chance of reaching out to you and receiving no response because I have hurt you so bad. I prayed that you would receive my apologies, knowing that it isn't a selfish outreach. Not only for myself, but for you also I want to have the peace I am yearning for.

I have mended relationships with ones that I hurt, and I tell you it is the best feeling. I have cried, I have laughed and knew at that moment that both of us felt peace. I hadn’t thought for all these years that you might be carrying these feelings of resentment for me in the level that you have. It is good for me to hear how I have hurt you and I will be OK with knowing that I made this mistake, these mistakes and thank GOD for the opportunity to reach you and offer my apologies.


It is not because I am facing a life threatening disease or want reassurance - it is because I want peace for you and myself.
The Power of Prayer is AMAZING! You were a very strong person in the time that I needed love and attention and rather than embrace this, I chose to rebel and work against everyone that was there for Me during these times and I became self-destructive and not only harmed myself but unfortunately harmed everyone in my path…including you.

Please know that I am not reaching out to you and expecting complete forgiveness – I knows that my actions, some forgivable but not forgettable. I just want you to have peace.
I knows that you still hurt and believe me, I am hurt from things people have done in my life, but I have had to forgive and ask for peace and know that we all grow and we change.

I am not making excuses for myself, but I want you as a person that carries this feeling of hurt, to be released from this.
I don’t ask you to respond to this, but just ask that you for once release those feelings of hate, dislike and resentment and allow yourself to be free! I wish you continued success in all your ventures. GOD Bless.

Me"

No comments: