Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MONIKA











I just got news yesterday that a childhood friend passed away along with her sister Friday evening. Monika Rivera was a great friend growing up and we were so very close -- we had a "click". Me, Keelie, Elisia & Monika. We were always together. I am taking this passing alot harder than others I believe because we have such a past.

I remember growing up my mom could always pull out her yearbook and point out classmates that had passed due to various reasons, and I always thought how strange that must feel to know you were friends with those people and now they are gone...not just gone, but in the prime of their life leaving behind family, friends, etc.

I got the news from Elisia that Monika and her sister went to be with the Lord on Friday due to a driver that hit them head on while coming into their lane of traffic. She leaves behind 3 beautiful children who will forever be without their mommy.

I don't really know what I want to write or say. I just know that Monika and I always remained friends throughout the years and thanks to MYSPACE I have got to watch her children grow and keep up with her thourgh emails and phone. She spent my mom's bday with us in 2007...my mom had always liked her so much and was happy to have her be a part of this day.

I remember staying the night at Monika's house -- playing 'Girl Talk', crank calling boys we liked and staying up way to late and trying to keep it low so her parents wouldnt wake up :) There are alot of memories we have of Monika and she is truly going be missed so much.

I understand now as I have gotten older what it feels like now to look through old albums and see pictures of friends that have been lost -- I never thought I would...

I am a strong believer in that GOD does have a reason for EVERYTHING!! Monika was on this earth for a reason...She will be missed but NEVER forgotten! I am thankful for our friendship and the effect she had on me in my life.

Monika - you were taken from this Earth for a reason -- reasons that are beyond us... We love you and you! Your family will continue to be in our prayers everyday!

May you rest in peace and I hope you smile when looking down on us from above and I hope we continue to make you proud to call us your FRIEND!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tribute to Monika. I was so shocked and sad to hear of her death. What a sweet girl she was.