Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hell On Heels





“She's a Root Tootin' Pistol From the Lonestar State, She's Mixes Up a Double at the Break of Everyday; She Might Get Crazy But She Don't Get Mean; Until Some Drunk Cowboy Asks Her to Sing – Pistol Annies”

Have no idea why going on the end of the 7th month I’m taking it any harder than any other month or day...Sitting here at the computer, I scan the house…the couch he sat on daily and snuggled with our boys (the wet-nosed kiddos), the Dixie Carhart I refuse to take down from our coat rack (along with his dusty felt Stetson) he wore just months ago our Alabama trip…why today just seems to hit me harder.

I remember nights I would not feel like writing – Mike encouraged me to write.  He pushed me to let all know what was happening, the results, his moods, just all he was feeling…he wanted you all to know…good and bad.

Recently, a friend from the past came back into my life…not planned.  On a trip home from a girls night out, she introduced me to ‘Pistol Annie’s’ --- Now I love me some Miranda Lambert BUT never knew she had a “girl band” before she became all ‘Kerosene’ and married to sexy Blake Hilton.  Wow! Songs hit spot on and this was one!

I will not speak for the other women I feel fit these parts ;) hahaha! But sort of for me, I feel I’m all rolled into one by circumstance…and I don’t care!

I married a man that came into my life…we had an imperfect marriage that set records because TRUE love was involved…he was taken away from me (not suddenly), but taken…I yearned for more. 

In closing ---- I continue to learn the new me…BUT I will never be alone…





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally a person that puts some real work into a blog. I do like what you have done with the blog.