Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Unexpected Birthday




“You cannot have a new season while having an old mind-set! I want to encourage you to lay aside scripting out plans for your life while you still hold on to old perceptions. Allow the Spirit to come into your life and rewrite your perspective so you will finally experience the possibilities and great promises God has for you. – TD Jakes Ministries”


How powerful is that message? It really struck home with me and I wanted to include in my email.

I in all honesty do not feel that this email or ANY email moving forward will top the latest one of Mike’s Recovery news last week, but I like to gab, so who knows – haha!

Yesterday we celebrated Mike’s 36th birthday! It was very low-key and enjoyable! So many people reached out to Mike through phone, emails, Face Book, My blog and other outlets to show their love for him – no doubt he received an abundance of love by many! I had planned as I do every year to treat him to a special dinner, so this year with it being just him and I, I assured him WHATEVER he wanted I would surely accommodate, for it is his day! He simply said he wanted CiCi’s Pizza buffet and then Marble Slab Ice Cream --- Whoohoo! I was excited; those are two of my favorites! We chowed down (and thank you LORD above for Mike’s appetite – he had a HUGE chemo last week, so sometimes he is not hungry) but he had several plates then we were off to Marble Slab! He got the biggest cone and like a kid “literally in the candy shop” he didn’t let any go to waste  I attached a picture – they allowed us to light a candle in the shop – a candle for his birthday cone! It was a great night, relaxing and ending on a great note – definitely one for the books! This weekend we are celebrating out of town with some close friends and enjoying a 4-day weekend of BBQing, relaxing and hopefully having our “Toes in The Water and A** in the Sand!”

On a side note, this has truly been a BLESSED birthday week all together! We attended church on Sunday and were so excited to share Mike’s good news with our church family. Our dear friend Thomas (who I wrote about a few weeks ago that was only given 4 weeks from MDA) was there with his wife and family and all in good spirits – it was a true blessing! Also, as I had mentioned a while ago, we received a call from KSBJ…we have been able to spread Mike’s testimony to many and now we volunteer when we are able with prayer lines and random city acts to keep Houston clean. It’s been a pleasure speaking to so many people and giving them hope in times of despair – no matter what their circumstances are.

As always, as I tell people “There goes GOD again!” working his wonders beyond our understanding. As I was driving home yesterday, I received a call from Lake Wood Church, home of Joel Osteen Ministries. I received a call from their PR department and they have invited Mike to come and share his testimony for an upcoming broadcast to play on several of their channels and internet sites. I was floored! Because Mike and I watch Joel Osteen I felt led to send Mike’s praise report into their website for “Praise Stories”, NEVER imagining that they would call him!! I do not have ALL details, but ANY chance for Mike to share his testimony reaching that many people – is defiantly GOD Sent!! Please keep him in your prayers!

In closing, I am so excited for this Fall Weather FINALLY here in Houston and for the rain we received over the weekend!! We so needed it and this is the FIRST time I so did not mind standing water in our yard!! Mike and I, though he has made a miraculous recovery, we know this journey is not over yet, and we thank you ALL for continued support, love and encouragement on this roller coaster ride – we are (as I always say) forever grateful!!

XO Lyndie

No comments: