Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bang Up Birthday



“The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age - Lucille Ball”


As my blog before, this was an un-promised birthday and for the ability to have such beautiful weather to celebrate with was a blessing within it self!

We had planned on having a very low-key weekend for Mike’s birthday, just spending at home with a few friends and BBQ(ing), but at the last minute, we were invited by a friend to New Braunsfels and could not pass up the opportunity. We packed up ourselves, 3 “Wet-nosed” kiddos and 3 of our closest friends and headed to the “hills”. The ride was beautiful the entire way there and with the exception of little Dozer getting sick all over me, it was great!

The entire way there, there was such a jubilant sound in Mike’s laugh, it made my heart so happy and like the feeling you get when a little baby smiles at you, it was just like that. We laughed , joked and thanked GOD above for this opportunity to celebrate another year with Mike (for we know as well there are MANY more to come)

Due to the river being so low this year, we took advantage of the inner city and visited Natural Bridge Caverns and The Wildlife Safari! Both were extremely fun, but I must admit, I am out of shape and those Caverns got me – My calves are STILL sore today! The town was beautiful and it was nice to get out and breathe the fresh air and see all the city had to offer.

I have a link below from my Face Book album of some pics from the trip  I hope you enjoy!

In closing, thank you ALL that were a part of this trip and thank you ALL that made this birthday for Mike so special --- I am learning it to be SO true, that as the old saying goes, “When one door closes, another one opens” and sadly enough this goes for it ALL – Life, opportunities, FAMILY and Friends. I am learning to be OK with those doors that have closed, for GOD has provided us with beautiful French doors to open much Wider!!

XOXO Lyndie

Birthday Weekend Album

No comments: