Tuesday, March 9, 2010

NO MORE #10 -- NOW JUST ME #1



T-Minus 5 Days and it ALL goes down...or should I say OUT! OMG! I cannot even begin to explain the joy today has brought me and all that I have learned.

It all started years ago -- I have had this little peculiar tooth that has developed it's own little world in my mouth, almost like it's own neighborhood. It has been all alone ever since I can remember and not until a few weeks ago did I learn that it can be pulled and not effect my mouth and the orthodontics that I have scheduled in the near future! This little tooth - #10, as Dr. Fisher named it ( I like little me) ;) moved to the roof of my mouth years ago and has stayed and been pleasantly fine all alone all these years. No longer, she will no longer be part of me as of Monday (I have kart-wheeled for the past 2 weeks in preparation!).

You know when I was younger, I look back and kids are REALLY cruel, very cruel. I remember being made fun of because of my crooked smile and my Little Ms. #10 - kids didn't understand how a tooth could grow in the middle of the roof of my mouth and it not hurt, well it just didn't...their faces I remember not hurting them, but they sure killed me ;) haha! (Sorry just a joke I hear between Hubby and his Friends) Anyhow, the thing is this tooth and my crooked smile never phased me - I know I am beautiful inside and out with minor imperfections, but I feel GOD makes us all different and those differences make us stronger.

So as I got older, I still never was phased by my tooth or even my teeth, not until I got into my 20's and it became apparent that my tooth became topic of conversations and even overheard people poking fun of it and it started to work on my insecurity. I knew kids where mean in grade-school and for some reason it didn't hurt as bad as it did in my adulthood. I never was educated on the reason for my teeth...the way they were crooked, little straggler #10 etc. I never had insurance that allowed me to freely visit the dentist and have teeth pulled and have the opportunity to have a dentist sit with me and explain the options I have or what causes this to happen...Not until NOW! I am blessed beyond belief to have insurance and now be able to move forward and work on my Beautiful (slightly imperfect) smile!

I visited my Orthodontist today about moving forward with Orthodontics once #10 is extracted and what the heck has caused my teeth to become the way they are? I wasn't a thumb sucker, I took care of my teeth growing up...he was so very informative and now I know this is caused by something so very common...I am a CHRONIC Mouth Breather! What What? --

www.buteyko.ie/mouth%20breathing%20and%20crooked%20teeth.pdf

(this is just a website I found that explains alot) I feel it is so important to educate ourselves on issues that are health related and maybe it will help others before it gets beyond help.


I GOOGLED alot and I cannot believe I have never known this -- it's no ones fault but my own, I just never knew and maybe just happy with what I was dealt and have learned to make it work for me -- I feel my smile is contagious, and of course what comes out of it -- "Shakin My Head Like Yeah! Pulling some teeth like YEAH!"

Once I was told this and the effects and how all of this works together in the development of the teeth I felt a light went off and I swear I saw an exterior glow around Dr. Freeman and even a halo -- I cried...I'm 30 years old and there is hope for me...I can have this corrected and move forward with having my breathing corrected and my teeth...ME!

So starting Monday I begin my journey and I know I will feel different - #10 has become a part me and has ALWAYS been a part of me and no longer --- it's a little sad...maybe it's like having a mole removed, either way I'm excited to feel the difference, see the difference and laugh with my head nodded back with no insecurity!! I saw this today on My friends page -- "Some people try to control another by planting a seed of doubt. In my opinion the fact that they try to plant that seed speak wonders of their insecurities." <----- Amen to that! Shame on all you (not so good people) throughout my life that have planted doubts of seeds in my head that because of my #10 I was not as pretty as others or different than you & shame on you for making others feel the same -- shame on you!

Whoo hoo!! "Thanking MY GOD Like YEAH! Knowing He has BLESSED us like YEAH!"

P.S. Thank YOU ALL who are reading this -- You are my TRUE Friends and My Family that I ADORE! Thank you for ALL your LOVE & Support for my past 30 years and ALL the LOVE & Support I will receive in MY NEXT 30 YEARS!

XOOX

3 comments:

Sarah Schoff said...

So excited for you....bye, bye #10!! You should put it under your pillow for the tooth fairy - you deserve a big reward for that one!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Boong, yeah!!!
And I, as you mother, went years wishing I had the money when you were younger to fix your tooth!

But let me tell you something: Your smile has ALWAYS been beautiful...and YOU are beautiful, inside AND out....one of the most beautiful women I know!

I love you!

Anonymous said...

I know I'm behind on reading this (I just re-added my iGoogle to my home page -I have all the blogs I follow on there & yours is near the top- so I won't miss any more updates!)

I'm so happy that you were finally able to sit down & talk to a dentist! Insurance can be a wonderful thing!

You're a beautiful person inside and out, Lyndie! Don't ever let anyone make you doubt that again! You are one of the most honest, genuine, wonderful people I know and I'm blessed to have you in my life!

Praying that everything goes ok with all the dental work! If you need me, lemme know! xoxo