Monday, February 3, 2014

2 Years...Still OK with Learning to Walk Again




 
In 10 days,  I will wake up, put one foot in front of the other and like any other day, I will progress…yet on this day, I will remember saying my very last good byes to my Mike, My Best friend…My Hott Pocket.

 Many of you have been along with Mike since day one…some even involved in the “conceivement” of our meeting – some came across our path in the middle, but by now you ALL have been with us to our end…and for that I am forever grateful.  Just as any milestone in our lives, as we approach them, sometimes like a ton of bricks, you are hit by them and knocked on your ass – the difference of the outcome, is usually the manor in how you get back up…I was winded over the weekend in approaching this date, for the first time in a LONG time…but I am UP! 

Looking back on it all, I have not once felt sorry for me…I experienced a pretty Rad-Ass time with him here…we all did, the ones that knew him and even vicariously the ones that lived through the stories and todays memories – like the George Strait song “He surely left us ALL with a smile.”  2 years at times can feel like a million and other moments, it feels as if I am just stepping out the doors of MDA, holding nothing by his wedding band a bag of clothes waiting on the valet to pull the truck around.  The past 2 years I have been oh so blessed to have Ya’ll, my Young Widows Group, such amazing (spirit lifting) friendships, the MOST amazing Family, GREAT Job (including Fabulous CO-workers) who don’t get me, but they do and just smile and love me for me…and the blessing from the Good Man above to allow my heart to feel again and not be scared, even when it is literally the scariest of all to cannonball into something new, completely trusting what you feel does  not have to accommodate any “standards”, “rules” and need “approval” from anyone but your heart…in the words of Robert Earl Keen…”It feels so good feeling good again”…

As the 12th approaches, I am surely in a MUCH different mindset this year – and I want to use this to simply thank Ya’ll…ALL for accepting me…loving me and being OK with doing nothing particular to “fix” me…I surely do not need fixing ;)

I’ve posted this before, many times, and just sometimes cannot get enough of it…Mike never ceased to smile – he brought joy into my life and all that knew him and remains in a happy place in my heart and soul – XOOXOX Hott Pocket!!


XO LC
 
 

No comments: