Wednesday, October 10, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY El Toro!






"I Have Found the Paradox that If I Love until it Hurts, Then THERE is NO Hurt, But ONLY MORE Love - Mother Teresa"

Dear Mike,

Birthdays were so special to us!  We celebrated yearly at the cabin we found In New Braunsfels and kept it a tradition with family and friends!  This time last year as we were celebrating, I did not fathom that just months later I would be celebrating your life and battle in front of hundreds, piled in a chapel at U of H taking time out to remember you – bring your memory to life of ALL you have accomplished.  I did not imagine I would not spend this birthday with the love of my life.

I remember the night we met.  I remember the first kiss.  I remember the first “I am in like with you”.  The first “I Love you”.  I remember the last “I love you”. 

You came into my world so silent yet turned it upside down.  You were my rescue.  My hero when you had no idea…me to you when you had no idea.  I sit here tonight, just taking in the love that was given to both of us by all around – it was so apparent…no one could miss.  We were so fortunate!  We were so blessed. Now you are away physically, I remain blessed…the love IS still here, your love is still here.  I see and feel you daily in the most unexpected places yet sometimes in the most expected places – that is how you roll ;)

I know you hear me --- in my silent thoughts, my daily talks to myself and when I scream – thank you!  When I need reassurance you ARE there – thank you!

As I close, I know you always supported me in all I did – writing as well…and I know that this letter will be seen…you were and will remain my inspiration El Toro – a bond un-broken!

I wish you THE BIGGEST CATCH IN HEAVEN, THE BIGGEST HOG AND DEER this season XOXOX!








2 comments:

Vastine Bondurant said...

Happy Birthday, Son...Love you.

Piperauthor54 said...

So as promised i made it to your blog...all be it the next day. I'm so glad that I got to take your call when you called att yesterday..i hope your weekend goes well...and things got sorted out for you!

Kami