Monday, April 23, 2012

Wrapped in Warmth - Giving Credit Where Credit is Due – XO Lyndie



Hi All!!

I hope all is well wherever you are today! I promise this is short, I just did want to give credit where credit it due!

I had no qualms of what I was going to do with Mike’s clothes – I in no way was ready to ship them off to Goodwill, heck I am even having his Cowboy boots made into plant potters  Going through his closet, I reached out to a few people for some ideas what to do with his shirts, etc… A dear friend (a daughter of a man that has taken his journey to the Pearly gates along with Mike) had suggested a company called Campus Quilts - http://www.campusquilt.com/ - I researched their website and read the reviews and I was excited to bag his shirts up (and even his favorite swim trunks – for we were water babies) and send them off. I even have the shirt he wore on our first date and the shirt I was wearing the VERY first night we met!

I was overcome with joy today as I came back from lunch and was greeted by a box – a big one  I quickly opened and immediately felt Mike here with me! I wanted to share the finished product with you all! Aunt Cissy, Aunt Peggy and Kevin – if you look closely you can see 3 shirts that will bring back memories – Dr. Enuff (From Cissy), Clear Water PD (From Peggy) and an old shirt Mike refused to part with – some sort of fishing/ocean shirt (From Kev and His Mom) – the others were a lot of Mike’s favorite shirts – he was a simple man with a simple wardrobe, so the quilt was my most favorite option to have these preserved. It has a sleeve on the back, which will allow me to hang in our house for display – Mike’s spirit WILL Love on!!

I wanted to share this special moment with you all and also, share the idea – great for a way to preserve special memories! Love you ALL!!

XO Lyndie

1 comment:

Billy Gonzales said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! I bet you will wrap yourself in his love now from now on Mike knows this is AWESOME too :) <3