Friday, November 12, 2010

Ask Not What HE Can Do For US – Ask What WE Can Do For HIM

“You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives – Genesis 50:20”

I ask myself that every day! I really do. When at times I feel I have fallen short I remember that GOD knows me. He knows my every thought, he knows my next move. All he asks of me is to Praise him and live my life the best I can for him. I wake up every day with this in mind, and though times I may fall short, I know that he continues to be here and know my heart.

Today Mike started his way back home from Vegas – I have been screaming with excitement in side! He had a nice trip, spent quality time with Kevin and Grandpa and it offered him time to get out of town, away from Hospitals and Tests for a week. In my previous emails (and I as I never fail to mention – I sometimes write too soon and it all changes up on us ;) Per his schedule, he will receive a spinal chemo on Monday. The following week he will undergo a PET scan and we will visit with his Oncologist. I pray every day that the meeting with Dr. Tsao will hold once again news of progress and that the chemo (along with GOD) is working and the Cancer is shrinking and disappearing – FOR GOOD!! I will forever believe in the Power of Prayer and remind you that every prayer that is said, every well wish that is sent our way is heard and felt – so keep them coming – Our GOD is so Good!

As I ask for continued prayers for Mike, I do also take this time to ask a prayer request for my Cousin and Aunt as well. Both which have received news of Cancer Diagnosis. My Cousin James has been diagnosed with Throat/Neck Cancer. He will receive a PET scan this coming week and learn of more details. They have said they will most likely perform Radiation and chemo 5 days a week (not sure of the length of time). If it does not shrink, then they may have to perform surgery. Our Aunt Julie was diagnosed with Cancer and is now undergoing Chemotherapy. She will be receiving her 2nd treatment starting Monday. It has been a complete shock to the entire family, but just as with Mike’s diagnosis, we all continue to Trust and Know GOD is complete control. We will continue to praise him and pray for healing throughout their entire bodies.

I was SO Mad when I received this news – I was so mad. Then I was sad. I received the email below today from a good friend and again, I prayed and know that GOD is bigger than all of this and will continue to take this all for us, even when at times, we fall short and The Devil inserts doubt – once again I shout “Screw You! Devil – we will continue to be victorious and GOD will NOT forsake us!”

Thank you Gina for this:

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry. Two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is yesterday, with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday. We cannot undo a single act we performed. We cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is gone!!

The other day we should not worry about is tomorrow, with its possible adversities, its burdens, its large promise and poor performance. Tomorrow is beyond our immediate control. Tomorrow's sun will rise, whether in splendor or behind a mask of clouds. But it will rise. Until it does we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn. This leaves only one day: TODAY.

Any man can fight the battles of just one day. It is when you and I add the burdens of two awful eternities - yesterday and tomorrow, that we break down.

It is not necessarily the experience of today that disturbs one's peace of mind. It is often time the bitterness for something which happened yesterday and the dread of what tomorrow may bring. Let us therefore live one day at a time.”

As I close tonight and sit here, I just continue to Praise GOD for all he HAS Done, All he Continues to DO and all He WILL Do. Though the news we have received is heart-breaking, we could allow complete despair to set in – and though we might have those passing thoughts, we must continue to focus. Mike and I continue to be blessed beyond belief and I trust GOD will continue to work in our families lives as well.

We thank you ALL for the time you take daily to pray for us, to lift us up in prayer – Healing has begun and will continue! You all remain Powerful Prayer Warriors and FOREVER we are grateful!!

We Love you ALL Very much – I will continue to keep you posted.

XO Lyndie

No comments: